For the “Top 10” Fashion Museums, this website highlights the best collections, those with the most importance to fashion historians and the overall research in the field of fashion & textiles studies. But that doesn’t mean there aren’t other amazing museums, and there are so many – how do you choose which ones to visit?
Here’s what other people have suggested for the “must-see” list of fashion-related museums:
- CNN – 10 Fashion museums around the world
- Condé Nast Traveler – Must-See Fashion Museums
- Hyperallergic – 10 Fashion Museums To See Before You Die
- Departures – Top Fashion Museums
- College Fashion – 7 Must-Visit Fashion Museums
- Travelettes – 10 of the world’s most fashionable museums
For a more scholarly approach, the American Alliance of Museums (AAM) offer a number of awards annually for excellence in museum leadership, exhibitions, and digital collections. This link is for the 2014 recipients of their MUSE Awards, presented to museums using digital media to enhance experience and engage audiences. They’re not fashion-specific, but many of the museums are included in this website.
Which museums are YOUR favorites? Leave a comment below!